My name is Emily and I am a BUTTON FREAK!!!!!




I am so thrilled to be a “Button Floozie” and to have found like-minded folks who are addicted to vintage button collecting.

My name is Emily and I am a BUTTON FREAK!!!!!

I could spend hours digging through bags, boxes, tins & jars of old buttons. I don’t care if they are covered in dirt ~ they will wash up just fine ~ and sometimes those dingy mud-caked buttons turn out to be “priceless”!

When someone tells me their Mom or Auntie or Grandma has a “button box”, I start to salivate. I love to hear stories of how they would cut & save the buttons off of their babies’ sweet dresses or coat buttons off their dear husband’s jackets. All buttons have a story...by participating in this group, I will have a chance to share my button stories.

Love, Emily XOXOXOXOXO





Comments

LiLi M. said…
Hi welcome here! Your box looks very tempting!
Have a wonderful day!
jenclair said…
I especially like the way the spool of red thread is neatly tucked into the red button section!
Mrs Pretzel said…
Welcome!! Can't wait to get to know you better!
Julie said…
I thought of your blog when I received a baby boys outfit from a crafter on Etsy.com. Attached to the outfit was a tiny close pin with a paper flower glued onto it. The center of the flower was a tiny button!

Anyway - did you know you were the very first person to post a comment on my blog when I started. Thanks for that!
Anonymous said…
Welcome to Button Floozies! I loved your story and pic of your lovlies!
welcome Emily -
you BuTtOn FrEaK !!!

i love rummaging in button boxes too - but don't they smell soooo bad?!