SUMMER BUTTON SHARING

Here it is the end of June already! Summer just started. 
I was cleaning my art studio. When I came across a big tin of buttons. 
I took the lid off the tin and spent a half hour looking 
at what was inside. While looking at these buttons, 
I decided which ones to share. 
Here are my picks for you on this warm summer 
evening in June:

A Vintage Carved Heavy Plastic Coat Button (Bakelite?)

All the summer picks

 A Close-up of the button picks

 A Close-up of the button picks

Vintage Patent Numbered on back of 2 of the large molded buttons

 A vintage blue-gray thin celluloid button

 A vintage butterscotch celluloid covered metal button

 Three large plastic pearly flat buttons

Four plastic textured faux copper buttons

June is almost over....so, some evening pull out your tin of buttons and share them with others. 
Happy Summer Button Floozies!

Comments

Barbara said…
Loving everyone of these! How to tell a celluloid button?
Pallas said…
A really nice group of buttons.
Celluloid buttons are very thin and delicate. It was an early "plastic."
Thanks for viewing and commenting, ladies!
Love all the texture here! What can be more fun than a box of buttons? Thanks for sharing. ; )
~Michele
Laurie said…
I loved looking at your buttons!
Thanks for viewing and commenting, Ladies = )
Shabby Marilyn said…
Great buttons, I do need to share mine , if I ever finish going through my collection
Anonymous said…
Yes, the (beautiful!) carved "spinach" green button is bakelite. Has it got a metal shank back? Very pretty indeed! :)