Christmas Button Floozies Swap!


This swap is now closed!

Let's have another swap before the end of the year!
This one will be a Christmas Ornament Swap.
And, it will be a group swap.
I will put you in groups of 4.
We will each send and receive
3 button ornaments!

Definition of a button ornament:
A Christmas ornament made to hang on a tree or to be a small shelf or table accent, that is decorated with buttons.  The buttons do not necessarily need to be the only decoration element of the ornament -- but it should be a main or special element of the decoration.  Your ornament should be handmade.

Timeframe:
  • Sign-up period: November 1-13, 2011
  • Notification of swap partners: November 12, 2011  November 14, 2011
  • Swaps must be in the mail by: Monday, November 28, 2011
It is a quick turnaround, I realize; please be sure you can adhere to the deadline before committing! 
A NOTE ABOUT INTERNATIONAL SWAPPING:  Because it is a quick turnaround, I'll be matching you up with partners on your own continent; that should cut down on postage costs for everyone and also shipping time!

How it works:
  • You sign up for the swap by emailing me your name, address, and blog address if you have one.  Send the email to: buttonfloozies@gmail.com
  • After you email me the above information, comment on this post that you have; this step is so that I can contact you if Blogger plays tricks on me with emails, as they have been known to do in the past!
  • Once you've signed up, you can begin making your 3 ornaments right away!  You don't need to wait until November 12 to get started.
  • I will randomly place people into groups of 4; on November 12 I will email you each the names and addresses of the swappers in your group.
  • Take a photo of your creations, then send one of your ornaments to each of the other 3 members in your group; be sure to have them in the mail by Monday, November 28, 2011.
  • Sit back and wait to receive 3 different ornaments in the mail from your partners!
  • Once all the members of your group have received your swap, post your photos on the blog and/or on our Button Floozies Swap page on Flickr; I'll do another linky party on this blog so we can all enjoy them!
'Sound like fun?  I hope so!  Tell all your friends!  Everyone is invited to participate!

Comments

Hi Laurie:
I've sent off my email to you. Please count me in.
Donna
Rain said…
Sounds like fun-please count me in~~Rain
Amber said…
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and commenting on the Flower Girl Tutu with Petals. I love the button ornaments. I have an obsession with buttons. Love it!
Hi Laurie!
Blessings for hosting this exciting swap. My info is in the mail!
xox
Karen
Count me in...you are a generous button angel! Peace, Mary Helen
Mosaic Magpie said…
I am in! Posting the button on my blog. This will be fun!
Deb
Anonymous said…
I'm in! I just sent you an email. Looking forward to it!
WW said…
I just sent you an email. Can't wait to see what people make.
KatBug said…
I sent an email, count me in :-)
Noneya said…
What a cool idea! Count me in, awesome swap idea!
Laura
Ann said…
I'm in for the Christmas ornament swap. Just emailed my contact information to you. Thanks for hosting.
Becs said…
Sign me up. Emailing you now. Becs
Unknown said…
Hi Laurie I sent my email and have your button up. Looking forward to some button fun.
QMM
Sherry said…
Count me in - please!!! I've just sent you an email x
robin said…
sounds fun! sent you my email.
Yes that is the correct information!!! Whoopee! Peace, Mary Helen
LucindaBee said…
I would love to join - I'v emailed you.
Joni said…
Count me in please! Sounds like fun.
Nancy said…
Obrigada por me seguir,adorei que tenha gostado do meu blog e eu do teu
Mrs A. said…
Hi Laurie just sent you an email and will display your badge.
Hugs ValeryAnne (aka Mrs A. )
Deborah said…
Please add me to the swap list.
Unknown said…
Sending you an e-mail. had so much fun with the last one! Can't wait to get started! COunt me in!
Unknown said…
I have sent my email to you with my info.
I look forward to hearing from you and joining in on all the button holiday fun.
Michele
Jo in TAS said…
Hi Laurie,
I've sent off the email
Cheers
Jo
cake lover * said…
Sent my details. Now to get crafting
Laurie said…
Cake Lover - please resend the email as I did not receive it and I have no way of getting in touch with you!
South City Hues said…
This sounds like fun. Please sign me up!
Bunty said…
I'm in Laurie - thanks! One down, two to go. Looking forward to it.

Barbara