The Pearl Button Museum - Muscatine, Iowa

I am piggybacking Autena's recent post regarding 
The Pearl Button Capital of the World.

My friend Tara and I had the pleasure and opportunity in our research of pearl button manufacturing to privately meet with the Pearl Button Museum.

Please click here for my blog article. 


If you enjoy pearl buttons and the history of them, may I suggest reading Shell Games by Jeffrey S. Copeland.  I am not sure if The Pearl Button Museum carries this book in their gift shop; however, it is carried on Amazon.com

 Shell Games: The Life and Times of Pearl McGill, Industrial Spy and Pioneer Labor Activist

The Muscatine Journal's review of Shell Games can be found here

Pearl McGill 1

Thanks Autena for sharing your recent post and interest in
The Pearl Button Capital of the World!
Your post sparked me to recall how much I enjoyed my museum research visit and the book Shell Games. 

Comments

I am on my way to Amazon as soon as I finish my discussion with you...oh how I wish we could sit down over a pot of tea and sugar cookies and share our tales of buttons. Have a great weekend! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart
I am on my way to Amazon as soon as I finish my discussion with you...oh how I wish we could sit down over a pot of tea and sugar cookies and share our tales of buttons. Have a great weekend! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart
Tami Hacker said…
Hi Patrycja,

Thank you for linking to and visiting my blog.

I really appreciate the art of your photography!

Regards, Tami
Tami Hacker said…
Nice to hear from Mary Helen... a pot tea, sugar cookies and button tales sounds perfect. Maybe some day we'll just do that!

If nothing else via email we can!!

Regards, Tami
Kathy said…
I must check out that book - pronto! Thanks for the tip.
autena said…
Thanks so much, Tami, for adding additional information on the museum. It sounds like a fascinating book too--who knew there could such intrigue in the button world?!
Laurie said…
I really must visit that museum one of these days!