Button Jar


Hi,
I'm new to this blog and just wanted to say hello and show you a picture of my button jar. I love looking at all of your button pictures. They bring back sweet childhood memories. When I was young my mother kept buttons in a cookie tin. She would take them down from the closet shelf and let me play with the buttons. I love buttons.
I keep my buttons in an old blue Mason canning jar that belonged to my Memaw.
These pewter buttons are a recent purchase. I plan on sewing them onto a knitted neckwarmer.

Comments

Abbie said…
HI Phyllis!
what lovely buttons! I think it's wonderful the way you call her Memaw. I don't think I have heard that before. :) Love the wood top to your jar!
xoxo~
Abbie
~ Phyllis ~ said…
Thanks Abbie. I found the jar lid at a craft shop in Berea, Ky. As soon as I saw it I knew that I had to have it for my button jar.
Nola said…
Welcome to Button Floozies, I'll be looking forward to your posts, and I'll pop over to your blog for a visit!
Nola said…
Me again, I don't see a blog address. Do you have a blog?
Sounds like a great project! Gotta love our buttons!
~ Phyllis ~ said…
Hi,
Thanks for your comments.
My blog is spinknitandlife.blogspot.com
Pat said…
Thanks for visiting.
You have a very unusual blog.
Looks like fun. You reminded me that I have a few containers of buttons and other sewing notions that are very old from my Mom and Great Aunt.
Can't seem to part with them.
Have a great day,
Patsi