Happy New Year Button Friends!

We're starting off the new year with lots of button excitement for the upcoming Spring button club shows; here in Colorado, they've announced ours, Westward Button Trails, for April 6-8, 2018!
I lucked upon a button find at the thrift store Friday; a package of common (but fun!) buttons on cards.
The ones in the bottom row are my favorites!  As you can see, most of the cards are simply manila paper that has been cut and the buttons sewn on -- not original cards. I admire such organized sewers!
One thing I found interesting was that there were two cards from different eras, both by Le Chic, of the same buttons.  One obviously older, as it was priced lower.

I hope to see many of your button finds and creative uses in this new year!

Comments

Naomi said…

I love looking at all those buttons! I wonder if there is a button club show in Michigan. Guess I'll have to google it.

I'm doing a Valentine project with my white and cream buttons. It's simple, just a heart filled completely with the various buttons. I saw one on a blog I read and loved it. But upon getting my buttons out the other day I find I don't have as many white buttons as I tho't. I'll have to make it a bit smaller than I was planning I guess. Unless I find a whole cache somewhere soon!j

I love your posts--such fun and very interesting to see all the many types of buttons.
Jan said…
I love seeing all of the beautiful, old buttons! I would love to know if there will be a button show somewhere in Kansas.
Jan in KS