Thursday, November 6, 2014

I recently made a jacket out of old cashmere sweaters I have been saving along with some cashmere wool that I felted and cut up.  I needed a button so I went to Webs Yarn Store in Northampton MA to see what they had.
The store is huge for all you knitters ... which I am not .... but they have a great selection of modern buttons.
They have this column and on 3 sides there are tubes and tubes of buttons!!
SIDE 1


SIDE 2

close up of SIDE 2

SIDE 3 
close up of SIDE 3 

close up of SIDE 1 
This is my jacket.  The vintage button is a one a friend gave me.  I love the button but didn't really like it on the jacket. 
I found about 4 or 5 contenders but finally decided on this ceramic button that I felt was perfect!
The winner is!!

To see more of my jacket go to Needle and Hook

4 comments:

Carol said...

OH
MY
GOODNESS!!

Thanks for the delightful eye candy this morning!

Andi's English Attic said...

It could have been made for the jacket - which is beautiful. Such a clever idea.
And that shop! I would feel like a puppy in a slipper box!

Laurie said...

I love the button you settled on for the jacket!

Linda said...

Your jacket is beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...