Birdsong buttons

As previously mentioned, I attended Birdsong Two at Karla Nathan's house a couple of weeks ago, and got to visit with fellow Button Floozies Tami, and Beth, who was also a teacher at the event!
Beth and I at Birdsong Two
This blog was also one of the sponsors for the event, too; each of the participants received a bag of buttons and an invitation to join us over here!

Birdsong Two took place in Kansas -- and Kansas has some great antique shopping!  Here are a few of the pretty buttons I brought home:
Look at those mother of pearl cufflinks in the upper left of the photo!  The tiny, boat shaped buttons are dark green and red; they are a very old synthetic polymer -- maybe even Bakelite (that's what the antique dealer said, but I haven't tested them.)
I couldn't leave behind these two cards of blue buttons -- musty and dilapidated though they were!  Such pretty blues!
 And these beauties were a gift to me from Beth!  It's so great to have friends who "get" you!

Comments

Lynn Holland said…
How very lucky you are to have such a great event and like minded people round you. The nearest I got to that was our annual one day a hear at the antiques textile fair.
The blue buttons are so nice, I like the shade.
Lovely to see happy smiling faces.
Kind regards
Lynn
One I Made Earlier Today
Kathy said…
I have never seen cuff links like those before - very unique! Gaga over the blue bottons.
Anonymous said…
Oh my goodness how creative!! Thank you for stopping by our blog for a visit, when you are in town we look forward to meeting you. I will pop over and check out your goodies on ETSY. Have a great weekend!
Jackie
Laurie, your Birdsong Buttons are fabulous and it seems that Birdsong keeps on giving, and giving, and giving!!
Yay! Love all your treasures!
xoxo
Karen