Monday, May 14, 2012

Birdsong buttons

As previously mentioned, I attended Birdsong Two at Karla Nathan's house a couple of weeks ago, and got to visit with fellow Button Floozies Tami, and Beth, who was also a teacher at the event!
Beth and I at Birdsong Two
This blog was also one of the sponsors for the event, too; each of the participants received a bag of buttons and an invitation to join us over here!

Birdsong Two took place in Kansas -- and Kansas has some great antique shopping!  Here are a few of the pretty buttons I brought home:
Look at those mother of pearl cufflinks in the upper left of the photo!  The tiny, boat shaped buttons are dark green and red; they are a very old synthetic polymer -- maybe even Bakelite (that's what the antique dealer said, but I haven't tested them.)
I couldn't leave behind these two cards of blue buttons -- musty and dilapidated though they were!  Such pretty blues!
 And these beauties were a gift to me from Beth!  It's so great to have friends who "get" you!

5 comments:

Lynn Holland said...

How very lucky you are to have such a great event and like minded people round you. The nearest I got to that was our annual one day a hear at the antiques textile fair.
The blue buttons are so nice, I like the shade.
Lovely to see happy smiling faces.
Kind regards
Lynn
One I Made Earlier Today

Kathy said...

I have never seen cuff links like those before - very unique! Gaga over the blue bottons.

Ioana-Carmen said...

Beautiful!
Enjoy, and feel free to visit me. I hope you will consider of following each other! What do you think?

KISSEEEEES

FashionSpot.ro

Vintage Begonia said...

Oh my goodness how creative!! Thank you for stopping by our blog for a visit, when you are in town we look forward to meeting you. I will pop over and check out your goodies on ETSY. Have a great weekend!
Jackie

khess136 said...

Laurie, your Birdsong Buttons are fabulous and it seems that Birdsong keeps on giving, and giving, and giving!!
Yay! Love all your treasures!
xoxo
Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...