More rescued buttons

I rescued some more buttons bags from the thrift store this weekend, and took time to sort them on a cold, dreary afternoon, which I find so relaxing.
There were carded buttons, many of which were very common and unexciting:
 Common
 Better - complete, and would make for good crafting, as well as nice little gifts
Best - pretty cards, mother of pearl, glass, and charming old plastic -- check out the pretty blue mother of pearl embedded in Lucite card in the middle
There were also these sad little "sick" buttons that would've been so pretty with their pink paste jewels -- but I'm doubtful they can be saved.
Tons of colorful buttons that are perfect for crafts
Some lovely glass and china buttons
including these old, interesting buttons that are like paperweights -- very tiny ovals, with flowers under glass
older embellished "shell" buttons, and some fun sparkly gem buttons
And -- always my favorite -- mother of pearl and shell; I was delighted with the fancy carved ones
It was a fun bag of buttons and gave me an hour or so of peaceful treasure-hunting!

Comments

Shirlee Fassell said…
Nice find! Love the mother of pearl buttons!
Naomi said…

I love the mother of pearl buttons, too. And I love sitting and sorting buttons! It feels like I'm in a different world, alone with my tho'ts and my buttons!

I need to find another collection of buttons to add to mine. I was in a thrift store this week and looked, but found nary a one.

Thanks for sharing these delicious button-morsels!