Buttons for a Memorial

I just had the pleasure of stuffing a box full of as many vintage buttons as I could, as a donation to the California Holocaust Education and Resource Center.  The organization is building a memorial to the 6 million Holocaust victims out of buttons and are collecting that many!
 In these bags there are some very fun buttons mixed in with some very common ones; all are vintage.
Believe it or not, I managed to get ALL the buttons shown above into the box!
At some point, the Center will add them to their count; I can't even guess how many there are -- but it is definitely in the thousands!
They are only looking for very large quantity donations of buttons; if you can help, contact the California Holocaust Education and Resource Center on their page.  I know they'll be glad to hear from you!
I'm excited to see how the buttons will eventually be used to create the memorial!

Comments

Naomi said…

What an interesting idea and a worthy cause. I am a beginning button collector so I probably don't have enough at this point to contribute, but I'll be interested to know how the memorial turns out when finished.

Thanks for sharing this information.