Sadly, I've been under the weather for some time now.  My husband took pity on my being cooped up ill for so long, so he drove me to Denver so I could see a bit of the Colorado State Button Society's annual show on Saturday!
It was a long drive for such a little bit of looking and shopping, but I really did enjoy going!

I had the chance to take a look at some of the winning "trays" of mounted buttons that had been judged the day before in their annual competition.
I took a few close-up photos of buttons I liked on the trays, but I have to apologize for the poor photo quality as it was very dark in the showroom, and I was using the camera on my phone.
These embellished mother of pearl buttons make me swoon!  I really think they are my very favorite type of buttons!  (Today, anyway!)
I was still pretty shaky on the day we went and tired easily.  But luckily, the button dealers always have a chair or two set up so people can sit and poke through boxes of button mixes, so I could conserve energy and shop for some treasures!  Arranged on the plate above is what I chose to bring home this time; most all of these buttons were just 25 - 50 cents each; one or two were $1.
Look at these chunky buttons that have been decorated with smaller, mother of pearl buttons!
I could look at these all day!
Colorful, chunky, pretty angles, and nice wear!
I got really hung up on the black and 'bubbly' shapes...
 This little lady is metal set over velvet backed with metal.
 Some fun and interesting colors and shapes...
Even though you can find fabulous antique buttons at the show, none of the ones I brought home are particularly valuable or noteworthy to anyone except me!  My husband told me I "looked so happy" when I was shopping for them!
What can I say?  Buttons just make me happy!

Comments

Lynn Holland said…
Hope you are on the mend Laurie. It really was worth the effort. What a fantastic display of buttons. I like the black ones and the green great shaped ones.
Thank you so much for all the work involved in photographing them.
I am looking at the world through button filled eyes now.
best wishes
Lynn
One I Made Earlier Today
Linda Sue said…
GEMS! Something about buttons...Give me a jar of buttons to scatter on the rug and I am there for hours!
Be well!Don't be ill.
What's up with that?
it's so not OK!
Kathy said…
Whoa - I think he gets extra credit for that one! I'm glad you had such a good time and hope you will be feeling better very soon.
Get well soon and what a wonderful button exhibit!!! Slow down...you move too fast. Happy Easter! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart
GardenOfDaisies said…
Oh how wonderful!!! I've never been to a button show! Now I need to find out if they have them here. Hope you are feeling better soon.
That sounds like good medicine. Hope you're feeling 100% soon. xx
Lelia said…
thx for sharing the photos! Wow. What beautiful buttons.

Always, Lelia

Stitches of Life II blog
what a great husband! looks like my idea of a great day out x