Creative Button Storage

I found these deep, divided drawers at the Habitat for Humanity thrift shop.  They were used to store contact lenses originally.  I think they will make great button storage!
My adult son was with me when I bought them.  He said, what are you going to do with those?  I looked at him and said, well, can you think of anything small and round like a contact lens that I have a lot of?  And he just got a knowing look on his face.  He LOVES  to tease me about my button collecting!

If you know me well enough, you know I can't leave them as is, though.  I think I'll decoupage pretty paper on the outsides...
and then spray paint the insides of the drawers.  I think that especially larger buttons will store nicely in here.
Because I needed another project! (Not.)

Comments

Mary Ann Tate said…
Very cool find. I would be decorating it too as the Bausch & Lomb logo thingy would have to go :)
Queeniepatch said…
A superb storage, and with your decoration ideas, it will be a really delightful showcase for your collection.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.