Monday, April 11, 2016

Latest button gift

A friend of mine had a large amount of vintage  buttons given to her and after she picked out the ones she wanted she gave me these.
I sorted them yesterday in the jars or assorted colors  I have in the studio. I mostly like the white and mother of pearl buttons
                                                           
 These buttons are very light weight, not plastic, I don't know what they are?
 It's the perfect day to play with buttons since it is cloudy and raining

4 comments:

Sue Marrazzo said...

NICE LOT of buttons...I am not sure what the 1st group is made of.

maggiegracecreates said...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galalith

i have attached this link because I have several of those buttons and I searched for a LONG time to find that information --- I may be wrong, but many of mine have broken down and crazed and that leads me to think this may be the material ---

Have a wonderful day

Naomi said...

Oh, those buttons, how they make my mouth water! I just bid on some on a local on-line auction but I had to leave the house during the final bidding and someone out-bid me. So sad! Oh, well, I know there will be more somewhere in the future. I especially like the white and pearl ones, too.

Happy button-sorting!

Laurie said...

Piles of button fun! Thanks for posting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...