Sunday buttons

I belong to the Colorado Springs Button Club, and we had our monthly meeting yesterday.  It was a fun one; instead of a "program" this time, we brought our own buttons to do some work on them.  Some people spent time putting their buttons on cards, which is the preferred storage and organization method.  I was merely sorting through small bags of buttons I've bought and haven't had time to separate.  Two shoeboxes full!
It was such a satisfying way to spend a couple of afternoon hours on a Sunday!
I "re-discovered" so many favorites!
 I love this one for it's wonderfully ornate front...
and then it's sort of "bubbled" reverse.
 I have a round one like it, too.
This one is ball-shaped...
and the one next to it is made from overlapping pieces of scalloped metal, in a pinwheel shape.
I think that carved mother-of-pearl are my favorites, though.
That, and glass, like these colorful beauties (above.)

Comments

Kathy said…
Ahh, sorting buttons. What a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon!
art-Profiles said…
Very nice blog.great post.i really love making things with buttons and other pieces like that.I love the heavy metal buttons.really amazing collection.
Unknown said…
You have some lovely buttons. I'm not a serious collector but I just bought a couple of round metal ones at a flea market in Paris. I'll have to post them one of these days.
Great blog.