Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Recent Button Finds

I scored two bag lots of buttons last week at a local Antique Sale.  I could see that the bags contained a lot of junk and rust and yet peeking through were some black glass, pearls, white glass and Victorian metals, so I decided to take a chance and buy them.
After sorting through the bags and discarding the rusted and broken bits, I ended up with some pretty ones as shown.  The extra work of cleaning and sorting was so worth it.

IMG_2825 
I hope you agree!

6 comments:

andrea creates said...

I agree-they're very nice :) great score!

Laurie said...

What a pretty backdrop! I think you did well! It's always so fun to clean and sort through button bags/boxes/tins!!

luf said...

Tienes un blog precioso, te sigo.
muxus y biquiños

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

These buttons may have been a little work but they are so wonderful.... where did the back ground image come from? Lovely! Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary helen Fernandez Stewart

Andrea said...

Hi, I just thought I would let you know that I have passed on A Lovely Blog award to you, just check on Fin and Gabs and you will see, thanks for your lovely blog, I love to read it,
Andrea x

Omi S. and her dog, Bender Oak Cannon said...

Wow, it was kind of a surprise finding your blog listed on another site, but I'm glad I found it!

I collect/sell Vintage goods, and buttons are one of those things that I occasionally run into on my Vintage Excursions (Your buttons are awesome!).

I totally dig buttons when I find them, I'm not really a collector, but I do have quite a few I hold onto and really dig. Your blog is really nice (It's pretty and well structured!), so I'll be checking in often. Maybe I'll go for the Button obsession!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...